Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | |

The Leadership Blog Interview: Gary Lamb

Gary Lamb

Bio: Gary Lamb is the Lead Pastor of Ridge Stone Church in Canton, Ga. Started on August 15, 2004, RSC has grown from 6 families to an average of 350 in 13 months. Over 70% of people who call RSC home were unchurched before attending their first service. Gary is also the author of the Mad Babble From a Church Planter blog.

Church: Ridgestone Church
Blog: Mad Babble of a Church Planter

The Leadership Blog Interview Questions
1. Gary, What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Gary: “Seeing unchurched people walk through our doors and see the light bulb go off in their head. It is a great feeling to know that they finally have been to a place where they can feel comfortable, safe, and know that God loves them.”

2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Gary: “Christians. :) Those "mature" Christians who think that it is all about them. These ought to be the people who are on board and get"it" but most often, they don't. That drives me NUTS!”

3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Gary: “A pastor in Iowa that you have probably never heard of. His name is Tony Liston and he pastors Adventure Christian Church in Davenport,Iowa. He invested in my life when I had no clue what I was doing. Iwas pastoring a church I started and I was miserable. He showed mewhat Church was supposed to be about and it literally kept me in the ministry and changed the way I looked at what I get to do.”

4. What books have changed your life?
Gary: “The Bible. Good to Great by Jim Collins. Visioneering by Andy Stanley. Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren.”

5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
Gary: “To keep growing as a leader. I can get so busy that I level off in my growth.”

6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Gary: “To impact my community with the message that God loves them. I wantpeople to know that God rocks and church can and should be fun. Itliterally is that simple to me.”

7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Gary: “Teaching Ed Young Jr. how to break the 30,000 barrier.” :)

Gary, Thanks for taking time to do the interview. I've really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog and email. I know you are going to do great things for the Kingdom of God!