Tuesday, September 27, 2005 | |

The Leadership Blog Interview: Brian Bloye

Brian Bloye

Bio: Brian is the Founding & Lead Pastor of West Ridge Church in Hiram, GA. West Ridge Church is one of the fastest growing churches in the US and has grown to a weekly attendance of more than 2500.

Church: West Ridge Church

The Leadership Blog Interview Questions
1. What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Brian: "Identifying new leaders and watching them flourish in their leadership."

2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Brian: "People that abuse the gift of leadership. Or people that have the gift of leadership but won't lead."

3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Brian: "My dad, Jerry Falwell, Bill Hybels, and a guy named Dave Adams."

4. What books have changed your life?
Brian: "Obviously the Bible. Perilous Pursuits - Joseph Stowell, Classic Christianity - Bob George, Good to Great - Jim Collins, Courageous Leadership & Honest to God- Bill Hybels, Writings by some of the early church fathers."

5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
Brian: "I'm still learning when to back down so others can lead freely. I have a tendency to want to rescue people if I see them struggling in their leadership."

6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Brian: "To be a better encourager. To be a better listener. To read more. To be more intentional about raising up new leaders."

7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Brian: "Probably right where I am. I would in year 18 of a 20 year commitment I have made to West Ridge Church."

Brian, Thanks for taking time for the interview. I really love that you have a 20 year commitment to your church. I've been recently asking myself how long of a commitment to make to my church.