Bio: Greg Boyd is the Senior Pastor at Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minnesota. Boyd helped plant this church in 1992 and it has since grown to an average attendance of 5,000 each weekend. Greg has authored or co–authored 14 books, including "Escaping the Matrix" and "Repenting From Religion"
Church: Woodland Hills Church
The Leadership Blog Interview
1. What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Greg: "Seeing the kingdom manifested in peoples lives."
2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Greg: "committee meetings"
3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Greg: "Detriech Bonhoeffer"
4. What books have changed your life?
Greg: "S. Kierkegaard: Works of Love. C.S.Lews: Mere Christianity. C. Hartshorne: Creative Synthesis and Philosophic Method. Brother Lawrence: Practicing the Presence of God."
5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
Greg: "Becoming Cynical"
6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Greg: "Get more people into covenant groups. Get more non-believers into a relationship with Christ. Mobilize more people to serve our city."
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Greg: "Doing what I love most... what I'm doing now... preaching, teaching, writing, serving."
Thanks Greg for an interesting interview! I see something consistent about many of these interviews, that many of you know what you'll be doing in ten years... what you're doing now but with greater fruit. That's a great thought!
Saturday, August 27, 2005 | Posted by Joshua Sargent at 12:02 PM |