Friday, October 21, 2005 | |

The Leadership Blog Interview: Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Bio: Neil T. Anderson is the president emeritus of Freedom in Christ Ministries and a much sought–after speaker on Christ–centered living. Besides the bestselling books The Bondage Breaker®, Victory over the Darkness, and Daily in Christ, he has authored The Bondage Breaker® Series. He has also coauthored many books, including Getting Anger Under Control and Breaking the Bondage of Legalism.

Site: discipleshipcounselingministries.org

The Leadership Blog Interview Questions
1. What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Neil: "I receive the greatest joy when God works through me to set captives free from their sin and their past and bind up their broken hearts."

2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Neil: "My biggest pet peeve is when arrogant “Christian” leaders reduce our walk with God down to an intellectual exercise and insist that others must be wrong when they don’t agree with them. Where is the gracious humility, love and compassion that reveals the life of Christ?"

3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Neil: "I thank God for John, a simple maintenance man who worked at the same plant that I did when I was an engineer. This humble servant helped me see in my early Christian walk that leadership is not about gifts, talents, intelligence, or position; it is all about Godly character."

4. What books have changed your life?
Neil: “The Training of the Twelve” helped shaped my understanding of the gospels and the life of discipleship."

5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
Neil: "My biggest challenge is to keep my first love fresh and exciting by staying in a righteous relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Neil: "My goal is to be the person God created me to be."

7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Neil: "If I am still on this planet in ten years, I hope to be a resource to the body of Christ in any way that God leads."

Thank you Dr. Anderson for taking time for the interview. Your books have impacted my life and ministry.