Monday, June 20, 2005 | |

Are you Mr.Clutch?

As I watched the Pistons & Spurs game last night, I sat in amazement as Mr. Clutch, Robert Horry hit the game winning shot for the Spurs, again. Horry scored 18 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter and overtime. Horry has knack for delivering when the pressure is on and that's why he has 5 NBA Championship Rings! I was wanting the Pistons to win but in the end I was rooting for Horry to come through.

During Horry's run, I remembered playing ball as a kid and wanting the ball at the end of the game. Most people would rather pass off the ball to someone else, but me I wanted the pressure. It made me focus more. In your church, business or leadership role, can you deliver when the heat is on? When everyone else wilts, can you knock down the big shot, so to speak? Are you the go-to-guy or girl or do they try to get it out of your hands because you'll panic? When the heat is on, be the leader that will step up and deliver and people will gladly follow, Mr. Clutch.