Bio: Dave is the Lead Pastor of New Song Church. One of the fastest Growing churches in America.
Church: New Song Church
The Leadership Blog Interview Questions
1. What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Dave: "I receive great joy from seeing people who make moves towards Christ whether incrementally or radicallly."
2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Dave: "My own forgetfulness! I guess i'm a little ADD."
3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Dave: "Henri Nouwen. He understands rhythms, pace, the role of pain and weakness in our lives, and our common leadership dilemmas."
4. What books have changed your life?
Dave: "The Return of the Prodigal Son (Nouwen), In the Name of Jesus (Nouwen), Repentance and the 20th Century Man (Miller)"
5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Dave: "Staying healthy with family, friends and community. Keeping connected with what God wants me to see, act upon and know. Eating cheetos at least once a week."
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Dave: "Living in up to 5 different places globally. Having fun experiencing the new global village and the emergence of a third culture organism that will change the way we do church, corporation and community."
Thanks Dave for the interview.
Monday, November 14, 2005 | Posted by Joshua Sargent at 9:00 AM |