Saturday, February 10, 2007 | |

The Leadership Blog Interview: Dave Browning

Dave Browning

Bio: Dave Browning is the founding pastor of Christ the King Community Church, International. Christ the King Community Church is the 22nd Most Innovative Church in America according to Outreach Magazine.

Church: Christ the King Community Church

The Leadership Blog Interview Questions
1. What gives you the greatest joy in being a leader?
Dave: Seeing people come out of darkness into God's marvelous light.

2. What is your biggest pet peeve as a leader?
Dave: People thinking that the church is about "us" (what I call "arrows in" behavior)

3. Who made the biggest influence in your life as a leader?
Dave: Steve Mason, because he reached out to me when I was out of the ministry and got me back in the game.

4. What books have changed your life?
Dave: The Fifth Discipline by Senge and Seven Habits by Covey.

5. What's your biggest challenge as a leader?
Dave: Trying to get 50 minutes of productivity out of every hour.

6. What goals do you have as a leader?
Dave: One of my key goals is to get my "span of care" down to between 5-7 people.

7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Dave: Hopefully doing what I'm doing now....managing chaos.