Friday, July 01, 2005 | |

Make The Connection!

"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." -Joseph Newton

I had an interesting evening last night, one of the "saints" in our church invited my wife and I out to the local state park for a cookout with her and her husband. We really were not looking forward to it and made excuses why we should have cancelled but we went anyways. I find it awkward being invited to go meet unchurched spouses of church members. You never know how it's going to be and I've met some heathen that let you know that they didn't care for you being there.

We prayed before we got out of the Jeep, for God's favor and that we could make the connection with this guy. As soon as we met, he fell in love with our three kids and God opened the door. We ended up talking for over 3 hours about everything and a relationship was formed. I never preached at him, I just built a bridge for when he is ready. He made a promise to visit the church soon. Most people don't realize that making the connection in relationships is a slow process. Alot of people have walls up that were made by other Christians for one reason or another. Jesus took time for people and made connections outside of his circle of influence. Today make a decision this holiday weekend to widen your circle and make that connection.